Expressions of interest (EOI) to exhibit are now open for the 2019 Royal Queensland Show (Ekka) Dairy Cattle Competition.
The EOI is new this year to help assist with the planning of the competition and must be in by 5pm Monday 10 June. After the close of the EOI, you will be formally invited to enter the competition.
The advantage of the EOI process is that the close of entries is a month later than they have been historically and to streamline the entry process.
To submit an EOI please CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING:
Please note, an expression of interest must be submitted in order to enter the Dairy Cattle Competition.
KEY INFORMATION AND COMPETITION CHANGES:
• As above, an EOI must be submitted in order to enter the competition. The EOI also includes questions about whether you're interested in supplying cattle for Youth Events on Wednesday 14 August
• More than $625 is up for grabs in the Dairy Pavilion Competition to encourage tidiness and cleanliness in the Arrow Energy Pavilion
• Introduction of the Dairy Youth Achievement Award
• Youth competition entries including the Stan Paulger Memorial Dairy Youth Team Challenge, RNA Young Judges Competition, All Breeds Youth Show and Young Paraders, can be made online until midday Tuesday 13 August
• The On Ground Milking Competition has changed from 6am/pm to 5:30am/pm
• Animals entered must have a Johnes Disease (JBAS) status of 6 or greater.
• The Champion Production Classes have been removed. All milk will be disposed of by the RNA
• Wild card entries have been removed, but a later close of entries date of Friday 24 July as been implemented to accommodate this change
• Substitutions can only be made online and must be accompanied by the relevant breed certificate
• The entry process has been streamlined for stalling, additional stalling and clipping frame site
• Due to a later Grand Parade time of 4:30pm on Wednesday 14 August, youth are encouraged to participate in the Grand Parade with their youth event sashes
• The Milking Competition Awards will be presented at the Dairy Exhibitors BBQ on Friday night (16 August)
• Any exhibitors who require additional competitor tickets (on top of the allocated competitor tickets) are able to purchase these tickets at a discounted rate when entering. Competitor tickets allow exhibitors to enter the Showgrounds before show opens. Tickets will be provided at a discounted rate
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE CHANGES
o Sunday 11 August 2019 between 9am and 6pm
o Monday 12 August 2019 - all exhibitors must be in by 10am
o Exhibitors who have cattle stalled by midday Sunday 11 August 2019, can depart on Saturday 17 August after 3pm
o All other exhibitors must remain on grounds until the official departure time of Sunday 18 August 2019 from 3pm
ACCOMMODATION AND PARKING GUIDE
Onsite accommodation is available for Dairy Cattle exhibitors who enter the Royal Queensland Show (Ekka).
This year exhibitors who book their accommodation through the streamlined online booking system will receive a discounted rate.
Please note - due to limited availability, exhibitors who do not book prior to their arrival at the Showgrounds will pay a higher rate and will not be guaranteed accommodation.
To view the comprehensive Onsite Accommodation and Parking Guide, including pricing, bed entitlements and parking information, please click here.
EOI submissions close 5pm Monday 10 June. To view the competition schedule, submit an EOI and to enter please click here:
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Competition and Events Coordinator
P: 07 3253 3927