1. Each applicant must be an Illawarra member, a Junior Illawarra member or in a family that has a registered Illawarra herd.
2. The applicant must be between 18 and 25 years of age.
3. Each applicant must submit an entry on the official entry form provided by the Illawarra office.
4. Applicants are judged on maturity, poise, personal appearance, general intelligence, speaking ability, knowledge and experience of Illawarra cattle, and general dairy industry knowledge.
5. The trip will be for up to six weeks duration with the relevant Country's Milking Shorthorn Society preparing an agenda for the trip. The timing for the trip is September and October, and includes major shows in the relevant country. The successful applicant (exchangee) will be required to participate in on-farm activities.
6. The ICSA will cover half the cost of flights up to $1500. Once in the relevant country, all meals, lodging and transportation will be taken care of by hosting families. The exchangee is encouraged to take spending money for purchasing souvenirs and other personal items.
7. Applications must be in the hands of the Federal Office, Kiama, by close of business on the last working day in February each year.
b. Take pictures while on tour.
c. Submit an article discussing the highlights of the trip to the Illawarra Federal Office for use in CrazyCow and the Illawarra Year Book.
d. Provide a Power Point presentation and speak at a future function organised by the Illawarra Society.
9. If you require more information please contact the Federal Office.
PO Box 189
KIAMA NSW 2533
Ph: 02 42323333
Fax: 02 42323350